WL Straughan & Son Ltd are committed to occupational health and safety as well as delivering quality services. We will follow the requirements of ISO 45001 and ISO 9001, as a framework for our business activities. We will use this approach to ensure that we meet all of our legal requirements and any other customer requirements that we sign up to.
We will take time out from our day to day business to discuss what’s important and consider where we are with regards to our business and the world we operate in. From here we will generate our strategic plans and our business objectives by:
- Providing a healthy and caring working environment and upholding our values of respect, reputation and being accessible.
- Doing things correct the first time, and safely, by eliminating risks and ensure safe and healthy working conditions through selection of materials, tools, equipment and processes.
- Encouraging staff to identify and report hazards so that we can all contribute towards improving safety.
- Ensuring our team is robust, trained, competent and capable, to ensure we meet all of our customer and legal requirements.
- Engaging in regular continuous improvements meetings, which will take place to ensure that we continue to innovate the way we work. We’ll talk with our teams at all levels to make sure that every worker has a voice and can participate with the design of how we work and undertake our works.
- Identifying and seizing opportunities as they appear. We’ll spot risks and come up with a plan to deal with them. We want to ensure the longevity of our business and the safety of our teams
- Providing adequate training and ensure that all employees are competent to do their tasks.
- Set quality and safety objectives, measure results, assess and continually improve processes and services through the use of an effective management system
Philip Straughan, Managing Director